Growing up, fortune cookies were off-limits in our household.
My parents shunned any semblance of future prediction.
In college, however, I’d order Chinese food just for that cookie, half-hoping it held the secret roadmap to adulthood. Fast forward a few years, and it became very clear: most fortune cookies either dole out probable losing lottery numbers or cheekily suggest, “Eat more takeout.”
Believing firmly that God charts our course and not some paper in a cookie, I thought it would be a playful twist to offer 12 of my favorite quotes. Let’s dub it the “Faith-Filled Focus Phrase.” Because, after all, it’s God’s wisdom and guidance, not fleeting fortunes, that light our path.
So, before scrolling on, pick a number between 1-12.
Now, find your chosen number below.
While each of these messages holds life-giving lessons, let’s imagine the one you’ve chosen holds a particular resonance and heartfelt truth to inspire you today.
- One of the most freeing things you can do for yourself is to forgive someone who isn’t sorry and accept an apology you never received.
- Sometimes, you are in the middle of a miracle, but you just don’t know it yet.
- You may not be doing the thing you are called to do, but it may be the thing that leads you to the thing you are called to do. So don’t stop at where you are as if it were the destination when it is merely just the transportation that leads you to your true calling.
- You will miss out on the important things in life if you are too busy scrolling through someone else’s.
- Not everything that needs to be ended will magically end itself. Sometimes, it requires action on your part to get to the other side of the mountain.
- Your purposes are often disguised in the passion of your small beginning.
- Surround yourself with people who give you the same feeling that you get when your food finally arrives to you at a restaurant.
- Never be a prisoner of your past. It was a lesson. Not a life sentence.
- Sometimes, God waits to work on IT because He is using IT to work on us.
- Minimalism isn’t about removing things you love. It’s about removing the things that distract you from the things you love.
- God’s timing is not always convenient, but it is always correct.
- Remember, a seed grows with no sound. Creation is quiet. Trust God’s silent process.